Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tasting - Sutter Home Merlot


Sutter Home
Merlot
Region/country: California, USA
Year: 2011
Price: $6
With Food?: Yes, with dinner - pork tenderloin and mixed vegetables

Review from One Stop Wine Shop: Exhibits a fresh black cherry aroma, with hints of tobacco and herbal spice. Medium-bodied, with smooth texture and moderate tannins, it boasts attractive, smoky black cherry and spice flavors, excellent structure, and a long, rich finish.

My review: This wine was a bit stronger and drier than I would have liked. I didn't think it went particularly well with dinner because of its dryness. It was bitter and tasted of blackberries. Its smell was very fruity, but it didn't taste that way. It had more of a burn than the previous wines I had tried. It was also more thick than others; I felt like it left a coating in my mouth. I drank it at room temperature, but I think I may have liked it more if it had been slightly chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment