Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting - flipflop Chardonnay

flipflop
Chardonnay 
Region/country: California, USA
Year: 2010
Price: $6
With food?: No

Review from Bargain Wine Time: "Another bottle with a cute label. What is this world coming to? But never fear, flipflop wines promise us; “to each, their own.” And for the most part, this Chardonnay delivers!
I served this flipflop Chardonnay about 20 minutes after taking it out of the refrigerator – I don’t like my whites ice-cold! In fact, I find that the fruity flavors develop as the wine warms.
This Chardonnay exhibits aromas of pineapple and tropical fruits. The first sip brings flavors of pineapple and creamy vanilla. It’s a medium-bodied wine with a lightly toasted oak finish. I was surprised by the semi-sweet, fruity nature of this wine!"

My review: I really liked this Chardonnay. It smelled very fruity and very alcoholic, so I wasn't expecting much. However, it really exceeded by expectations. It was fruity but more sour than sweet and it was very smooth. I noticed that it was pretty thick for a white wine, and it left a lasting coat in my mouth after drinking it. I couldn't really detect the flavors that the label said were in it, and it was a bit dry and acidic, but I still really enjoyed it. For $6, I will definitely get it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment