Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tasting - Astica Syrah

Astica
Syrah
Region: Argentina
Year: 2010
Price: $8
With food?: Yes, with pork tenderloin and macaroni and cheese

Review from Snooth.com: Note the intense black fruit aromas on the bouquet combined with notes of red berries, licorice and spice. The fruit is ripe and sweet on the palate with a peppery character to it wrapped around silky, smooth tannins with a slight smoky note on the finish.

My review: When I had this with dinner, it was smooth and fairly drinkable for a red. It was a little bitter, but not too bad, and it didn't have a lot of burn going down. It smelled and tasted a bit like Merlot to me. I enjoyed it. I had it again a few days later, and it was MUCH more bitter by that time. It was impossible to drink more than a few sips of it after it had been sitting for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment